     Re: NOCOL Release 4.2

  • To: Vikas Aggarwal <vikas at navya com>
  • Subject: Re: NOCOL Release 4.2
  • From: "Jonathan A. Zdziarski - Systems Administrator" <jonz at netrail net>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 17:55:50 -0400 (EDT)
Perhaps this would be a good time to mention that I've written a module
similar to bgpmon, only for ascend routers, that monitors BGP peering
sessions.  It's pretty messy right now, and some of it even runs off of
cron (collecting 5-minute bgp summ's), but if you'd like to take a look at
it, or have me clean it up I'd be happy to if you're interested in adding
it to the package.

> This is to announce release 4.2 of NOCOL available from ftp.navya.com or
> from http://www.netplex-tech.com/software/nocol/
>
> Release notes, etc. are all available on the URL mentioned.
>
> New features in v4.2 are:
> ------------------------
>
>  - Unix syslog file monitor (match any specified regular expression)
>  - NTP (Network Time Protocol) stratum monitor
>  - 'mailmon' merged in with 'hostmon-client'
>  - 'nsmon' can monitor multiple domains
>  - 'apcmon' for monitoring APC Smart UPS's
>  - 'ciscomon' for monitoring Cisco router specific parameters
>  - radius monitor
>  - New improved web interface for displaying events (www/webnocol)
>

> 		-vikas
> 		Vikas Aggarwal

Thank you,

Jonathan A. Zdziarski