     Re: Multi Site NOCOL ?

I haven't tried it, but I'm willing to bet that if you set the
nocol/data files permissions to be group readable-only by certain
parties that it would only display the readable ones; if you needed some
ipping items to be viewable by one party and others to another you could
always make a ippingmon2, etc.

This isn't a super professional way of doing it, but it would allow you to
link a shell up with nocol for each party, rather than having to use the
web interface.

This wouldn't work with the web interface unless you ran each separate
instance of nocol as a separate user.

 On Mon, 31
Aug 1998, Kevin Gannon wrote:

> Has anyone any experience of making different views availble to sites.
> For example we have a very large site where we need it so that different
> departments can only see the devices belonging to that department via the
> Webnocol interafce.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Kevin.

> LAN Communications                               Phone: (+353) 01 4093000
> Parkway House                                    Fax:   (+353) 01 4093001
> Western Parkway Business Park                    http://www.lancomms.ie
> Lower Ballymount Road
> Dublin 12
> Ireland