     Re: outage note//scheduled outage

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Vikas Aggarwal wrote:

> Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 18:00:35 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Vikas Aggarwal <vikas@navya.com>
> To: Bob Collie <bob.collie@telalink.net>
> Cc: nocol-users@navya.com
> Subject: Re: outage note//scheduled outage
>
> Umm, this is exactly what has been added into the 'web' interface for
> nocol (webnocol.cgi  and genweb.pl).
>
> I was hoping that I can stop further development on the curses interface
> and add more features to the web interface instead. Do people need this
> feature in the curses interface still ? I can add 'supression' by looking
> at the outages/updates file (written by the web interface).
>
> 	-vikas

I'd probably prefer to NOT be running a web server off of the box that
is doing the monitoring... then again, I also like to have the ability
to ssh in to a box and "look at what's going on" (so the curses inter-
face works well for that -- I have yet to explore the web interface,
however, though I plan to take a good look at it with lynx looking at
local files (rather than creating sockets)).

Just my $0.01...

Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell                          Commercial Systems Corp.
russell@cscorp.com                               http://www.cscorp.com/

                                                     Ph: 1-888/COMM-SYS