     Re: trouble with keep_alive script

That's a known bug in the code (if Vikas hasn't responded to you
already).  Edit the script and replace the following (around line
92 is the important test/if):

 [...]
   if [ -f ${PIDDIR}/${p}.pid ]; then
    PID=`head -1 ${PIDDIR}/${p}.pid`
   else
    PID=""
   fi
   if [ -z $PID ]; then
     pgmname=`basename $p`;
 [...]

With:

 [...]
   if [ -f ${PIDDIR}/${p}.pid ]; then
    PID=`head -1 ${PIDDIR}/${p}.pid`
   else
    PID=""
   fi
   if [ "X${PID}" = "X" ]; then
     pgmname=`basename $p`;
 [...]

Evidently it hasn't been placed in the distribution, yet...

--
Russell M. Van Tassell                          Commercial Systems Corp.
russell@cscorp.com                               http://www.cscorp.com/

                                                     Ph: 1-888/COMM-SYS