     Re: New Nocol install weird messages

> On Sun, Oct 18/98, TTSG <ttsg@ttsg.com> wrote:
> >
> > 		BUT YOUR STILL NOT ANSWERING A FEW THINGS.......
> >
> > (Maybe you just keep missing them..............)
> >

> > 1) Why do I keep getting "(libdebug) eventlog syswrite error:"
>
> I'm seeing these too. It used to mean that hostmon was failing to write
> to noclogd, but currently that doesn't seem to be the case. I haven't
> spent any time pursueing it any further.

	Hmm. Ok, I'll try to see if there is something that I can put in
to help debug when this happens.

> > 2) What does "do_line: ERROR- no 'default' config for DFspace_%used" mean?
>
> This means you don't have a default. i.e. an entry with no trailing
> regex.
>
> DFspace_avail   *       20 15 10        /$ <- regex
> DFspace_avail   *       40 30 20	   <- default

	Ok.  I don't WANT a default then.  Just ignore this message
then, no harm?

> > 3) What causes a "newSocket() connect failed: Interrupted system call".
> >

> Are you using the builtin telnet protocol? I think this error happens
> when you are not and the client tries to connect to the server. I sent a
> patch to Vikas that adds an ssh option which bypasses the code that does
> telnet if it's defined. If you don't plan to use the telnet option you
> could comment out the code that trys and fails to use it before falling
> back to rcp.

	Telnet to what? Port 5355 for the info?  Yes, mine does that.
Could it just be that there was a burp in the net somewhere (We do
monitor systems about 15 hops away from us!) and it missed the connect?
We don't let it RCP. (Infact, some of our systems can't be pinged, so
we commented out "doping")

			Thanks,
			Tuc/TTSG