     Re: hostmon-osclients

Mark,

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Marc A. Sonnenberg wrote:
> This is stated at the beginning of hostmon:
>
> # You need to run the client modules (hostmon-client) on the remote hosts
> # being monitored and add the name of the host that runs this server
> # program to the '@permithosts' array in the clients.
>
> I can't seem to figure out where, in hostmon-client.x, to add the name of
> the host that I'm running hostmon on.  Looks pretty straightforward, just
> can't find it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

The line you need to change is line 84 in hostmon-client (for 4.2.1,
anyway) as below:

  81 ## Following is needed for the 'daemon' part of the client which listens on
  82 #  the following service port for any connection requests. The connections are
  83 #  checked against a permit list and then the entire data file is dumped over.
  84 $NLOG_HOST = "solar" ;  # SET_THIS to the permitted hostmon server host
  85 $SENDMAIL = "sendmail" ;# SET_THIS to location of your 'sendmail'

Hope this helps,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@gkn-whl.co.uk
GKN Westland Helicopters Ltd.   http://www.gkn-whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of GKN Westland Helicopters Ltd.