     [nocol-users] bsdi socket

Hi nocol users,

I am configurating various monitors in the nocol package. Most monitors
can be configured smoothly. However, I found problem in those monitors
that require to call newSocket in nocollib.pl, say bgpmon and ippingmon.
For hostmon, it also fails in getting data file via telnet (with socket)
but only rcp work. I suspect it is the BSDI socket. I tried to look into
the code, but I stuck there.

Do any of you have similar experience as I do in BSDI? If you know any clue,
please let me know.

newSocket() connect failed: Bad file descriptor./bgpmon: 202.64.240.215: newSocket: Bad file descriptor
newSocket() connect failed: Bad file descriptor./bgpmon: 202.64.240.41: newSocket: Bad file descriptor
newSocket() connect failed: Bad file descriptornewSocket() connect failed: Bad file descriptor

(ippingmon).. locked pid-file, started new process
ping: socket: Permission denied

Thanks a lot.

Rgds,
Cho Man Fai