     Re: [nocol-users] Does someone have a fix?

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:32:27 -0800
> From: Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane@oneinsane.net>
> To: nocol-users@navya.com
> Subject: [nocol-users] Does someone have a fix?
>
> I am running nocol 4.2.1 on a FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE and I was wondering
> if any one hasa patch/fix for these entries?
>
> UnInit             InodeTable= 0
> UnInit              ProcTable= 0
> UnInit                 SwapIn= 0
> UnInit                SwapOut= 0
>
> I know pmstat -Tv does not support vnode.
>
> TIA
> Ron

I believe that, as long as the rest of your hostmon variables are
getting properly initialized (I remember there being an old bug with
that particular idea), you should just be able to take those variables
out of the hostmon-confg file and let it go...

Of course, if <all> the hostmon variables are UnInit'd, that's a
completely separate problem.

Also, as a side note, I've started heavily modifying the hostmon code to
(hopefully) fix a couple of the line parsing problems it has under
various architectures.  It should also make it easier for status rention
across restarts, as well (along with a few other nice things).  Once I'm
done, I'll send the patches out to the list (if it's not too big) or
just give it to Vikas and let him incorporate it or put it in the
"contrib" section.  The only thing is:  it requires Perl5.003 or better
(not sure iuf that's a hard requirement or not with the current package,
actually).

--
Russell M. Van Tassell                          Commercial Systems Corp.
russell@cscorp.com                               http://www.cscorp.com/

                                                     Ph: 1-888/COMM-SYS