     Re: RPMs and/or rc.d startup files

On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 04:22:41PM -0500, Chris Garrigues wrote:
> Before I go out reinventing too many wheels, is there an RPM for nocol.  If
> not, are there rc.d files for starting nocol and hostmon and whatever else
> might need to be started?
>
> Chris

Did you look i the source. and I also think it is in the bin dir as well.
There is a crontab entry for the necessary monitors and theonly one that
requires a simple shell scripts is hostmon-client. I use something like
this:

	insane-lunatic> less nocol.sh
	#!/bin/sh
	/usr/local/nocol/hostmon-client &

This seems to work perfectly for me.

TTFN
Ron Rosson              	... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 		   rm -rf *
insane@oneinsane.net      	and all was null and void
UNIX _is_ user-friendly. It's just not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
Build a system even a fool can use,and only a fool will want to use it.