     not forking the daemons?

Looking at the code, it appears that it's not possible to run the daemons w/o
forking them into the background.

I'd like to be able to do this for two reasons:

First, for debugging it can be nice to have the daemon not fork.

Second, I'm thinking about running them under djb's daemontools package (found
at ftp://koobera.math.uic.edu/www/daemontools.html).  It seems to me that djb's
supervise program would do a fine job of keeping nocol up and running.

My C skills aren't the best in the world, but if I were to hack in a command
line option for running them in the foreground, would such a patch be accepted
into the next version?

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 virCIO
+1 512 432 4046                 4314 Avenue C                    O-

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.

PGP signature