     Re: Hostmon issues

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, TTSG wrote:

> > > 	That wasn't one of my options. 8-) Ok, SOMETHING has to be triggering
> > > it.  Are you sure hostmon is sleeping 15 minutes, not 15 seconds. 8-)
> >
> > Is it in seconds?  I though this line of code in hostmon took care of
> > things:
> >
> >  if ($1 < 60) {$sleeptime = $1 * 60; } # assume minutes
> >
> > The timer value in my hostmon-confg file is 15, which means it should
> > multiply 15*60 = 900.  If I run it in debug mode it says "sleep for 900 -
> > 21".
> >
> 	No, its minutes. Is the POLLINTERVAL time correct?  It should default
> to 15 minutes anyway.
>
> 	The 900-21 is good. Does mean 15 minutes, less the 21 seconds it
> just took to run.
>
> 	What about the hostmon-client?   How many is that for?

Every 300 seconds (5 minutes) it runs again.

> > Tell me about it....I didn't think that an application *could* mix socket
> > connections up.
> >
> 	Anything is possible, I no longer stick to my beliefs 100%,
> because the machine finds ways to prove me wrong.

Yes.

> 	Do you have a Linux or something like that to try?  Would you
> object to us running your config for a few hours?

Perhaps...I think catbert runs redhat6.  It'd take a while to set it up...

-
  Greg Swallow -- Assistant System Administrator (whew!) -- Access Indiana
   "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.." - Tom Waits
  http://www.ai.org -- (800) 236-5446 -- (317) 233-2010 -- gswallow@ai.org