     Problems with radiusmon

Hi all,

I've finally upgraded my NOCOL installation from some ancient beta and
noticed the funky 'radiusmon' monitor, which looks fairly useful.

However, I'm having a little trouble getting to work properly with my
RADIUS server (the Lucent thing that goes with our Portmaster).

Background:

I've set up an entry in the 'clients' file for the RADIUS server so it
knows about my NOCOL box and put a corresponding entry in the
'radiusmon-confg' file.  I've defined a 'radtest' user on the RADIUS
server (with a password) and put that stuff in the 'radiusmon-confg' file
too.  I'm pretty sure this stuff is correct...

Problem:

The RADIUS server is always refusing authentication.  :(

I've tried rebuilding 'radiusmon' so it doesn't care (with -DIGNORE_AUTH
in the Makefile) but this doesn't seem to work.

In desperation, I've tried changing the Service-Type for the radtest user
on the RADIUS server to all the things I can think of, just in case this
was a problem, but this seems to have no effect.

Anyone have any ideas?  I could roll up my sleeves, live and breathe RFCs
etc. for a while and probably come up with the answer but maybe someone's
already done this???  ;-)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Adrian Close					email: 	adrian@aba.net.au
Network Engineer	  			phone:	+61 3 8341 2400
Australian Business Access Pty Ltd		fax:	+61 3 8341 2499
P.O. Box 302, Carlton, VIC, 3053, Australia	web:	http://www.aba.net.au

P.S.  Yes, the RADIUS server does actually work.  It's happily
authenticating logins to our Postmaster as I type.