     Re: Noclogd

On or about Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 10:59:51AM +0100, Joe Warren-Meeks typed:

>I am currently attempting to get noclogd to execute one script when an
>event goes critical and a separate script when it comes back up.

>The documentation and FAQ seem to indicate that this is possible, however I
>can't see the proper way of setting up noclogd-confg..

We may be reading different documentation. I've found it easiest to
have a line:

*               critical        |/usr/local/nocol/bin/pagemail

and write pagemail to do the things that are needed (run other scripts,
send pages, play silly noises in the NOC) based on its parsing of the
logged line.

Roger

--
Roger Burton West                                    roger@firedrake.org