     RE: [nocol-users] monitor FAX server and IRC port

For monitoring ports by number, I would use the port monitor.  You will have
to know what the appropriate test is to add to the string in the
portmon-confg file.  I have done some tweaking here and it works great.  If
you are running nmap, you can ensure the port is available for connection.
That's just one less thing to worry about when configuring the custom port
monitors.

Stephen Thrasher
UZIX
http://www.uzix.com/