     RE: [snips-users] Notifier.pl

> It should be read in from the configuration file, although I
> note that the example configuration file has ":email" as the
> email notification suffix, while notifier.pl actually looks
> for "mail" only...

I had spotted the mail and not email.

It was coming up with a null value.  I was only using the default line
though.  It looked like the array wasn't getting split correctly.. But I had
been bashing my head against the wall trying to debug that script for a
couple of days (my version now has about 20 odd lines of debuging code)

The notifier-confg line reads:

default                 1
brodie davis at infinity.co.nz:mail:5

But by printing the $medium variable before the if statement the variable
had a null value.

> I think this is someone's typo (I don't _think_ it's mine!)
> on line 181 of the notifier.pl that comes with snips-1.0.  It
> should read:
>
> 	my @tm = localtime($event{eventtime});
>
> ... i.e. "eventtime", not "eventime".

Ahh good spotting.. Time to kill something and test it. :)  and it works.
That also exists in snips-1.1Beta.

> I must say, as the original author of this strange bit of
> PERL, that I am very surprised to see it cross over into
> SNIPS from NOCOL.  Vikas (or
> someone) has done a great job of converting my original,
> hurried submission ripped from a barely-function production
> system into something that I'm not even sure I understand
> (but presumably works!).

Umm that makes 2 of us.. Our C developer here was scratching his head over
the script till we gave up and hacked it.. :)

Thanks,

Brodie Davis

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential
and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are asked to respect that confidentiality and not
disclose, copy or make use of its contents. If received in error
you are asked to destroy this email and contact the sender immediately.
Your assistance is appreciated.