     [snips-users] etherload segmentation fault

Hi,

etherload is crashing with a segmentation fault, no core file.
RedHat 6.2, SNIPS v1.1.

Someone reported this back in Oct 2001, but I didn't see a
reply to the report.  I put some additional debugging print
statements in the etherload.c, main.c and linux.c (see the
typescript below) to identify exactly where it's dying.

As near as I can tell, it dies when it returns from getpkt().
But I have debugging statements immediately before the
return() statement and immediately after the getpkt() call.
I'm stuck.  Help?

Thanks,
Darin

Script started on Thu Jan 10 16:11:43 2002
[snips at ddlinux1 snips]$ etherload -d
etherload: This is a SNIPS version
etherload- Reading global config file /usr/local/snips/etc/snips.conf
(etherload).. locked pid-file, started new process (pid=26282)
Opening config file '/usr/local/snips/etc/etherload-confg'
main: Checking for devices: eth0
setup_device() eth0
etherload: setsockopt: SO_RCVTIMEO: Protocol not available
main: Devices being monitored are:
 1. eth0 Ethernet 10000
Scan-interval= 15, sleeptime= 120

(debug)eth0 thresholds:
bw:  30 50 70
pps:  500 1000 1500
main: calling etherload(15)
etherload: Flushing interfaces...
etherload: ready to read packets...
etherload: calling select(...)
etherload: back from select(...)
etherload: while(getpkt)
getpkt: calling malloc()
getpkt: back from malloc()
getpkt: calling recvfrom(...)
getpkt: back from recvfrom()
getpkt: *pwirelen = *plen
getpkt: *ppkt = buf
getpkt: skipping dropped packets
getpkt: done skipping dropped packets
etherload: pktlen/snaplen 73/73
etherload: int_drops= 0, if_drops= 0
etherload: pkt_process(...)
etherload: Done chunk from interface 0
main: calling snips_write_etherload_stats()
BW= 0 PPS=0
main: sleeping for 120 secs, zzzz..
main: calling etherload(15)
etherload: Flushing interfaces...
etherload: ready to read packets...
etherload: calling select(...)
etherload: back from select(...)
etherload: while(getpkt)
getpkt: calling recvfrom(...)
getpkt: back from recvfrom()
getpkt: *pwirelen = *plen
getpkt: *ppkt = buf
getpkt: skipping dropped packets
getpkt: done skipping dropped packets
Segmentation fault
[snips at ddlinux1 snips]$
Script done on Thu Jan 10 16:14:50 2002

Darin Davis			Email: darin davis at callisma.com
Sr. Consultant			Pager: darin davis at page.callisma.com
Callisma - Emeryville		Vmail: 925-480-2319 x1404
                                              EFax: 603-697-0062