     Re: [snips-users] monitoring FTP

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 04:45:22PM +0000, Steve Foster wrote:
> hi there, we use this:
>
> HOST    <hostname> <ip-addr>  FTPport    21     Critical
>

> that seems to satisfy most cases, and works fine..
>
> HTH
>
> Steve

Technically, I believe that this will only check that inetd is answering
in most cases.  My guess is that you can get away with adding additional
lines like:

error		421
warning		120
info		220

The goal being to possibly catch "bad things" from the RFC (RFC959, I
think), like:

	421-User limit reached.

Basically, the sample you probably want to look at is closer to NNTP than
anything else.

Hope that helps...
Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

"Juglito Ergo Sum
 Trans: I Juggle, Therefore I Am"                   -- FKB