From: Ali Isik [mailto:ali at ere com.tr]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 7:06 PM
To: Jerry Wilborn
Cc: snips-users navya
Subject: Ynt: [snips-users] /bin/ping vs. /usr/local/snips/bin/multiping

Thank you, Jerry -- attached are three png files that show the effect of moving from multiping to /bin/ping at about 12:40.  We had been having this problem for months.  Many -- though not all -- devices showed ping times that were several hundred milliseconds higher than what /bin/ping would show from the same server.  It was almost definitely not a routing or other network problem.

-- Ali ISIK, engineer, ERE/ESER Telekom