     [snips-users] problems with hostmon getting data

Hi,

I am having troubles in getting hostmon-client to cat data
out to the server upon connection. Hostmon is generating
the data fine on the client (and it is readable by user 'snips'),
but when connecting to the port via telnet on port 5355, it
doesn't print out the collected data. As such, the server reports:

server  server        _0001 14:45       DataAge       550  Critical

Am I correct in assuming that a telnet connection to the hostmon
port will actually cat the data out? In debug mode, hostmon
client shows the connection arriving ok, but not catting data. I seem to remember
that the way to this worked at other installations I have seen
is to run hostmon-client from inetd, and run cat /tmp/hostmon.tmp
on connection. But I presume that is not the way it is done any more.

The process is running and creating data files:

snips     3261  0.0  0.2  3472 2368 pts/0    S    14:25   0:00 /usr/bin/perl bin/hostmon-osclients/hostmon-client
snips     3265  0.0  0.2  4280 2708 pts/0    S    14:25   0:00 bin/hostmon-osclients/hostmon-client (telnet_daemon parent=3261)

TIME 1048562713 secs
Load5 0 load-5min
FileTable 3 %used
SwapSpace 657 MBytes