     Re: [snips-users] Random modifications to snips

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 03:06:00AM +0800, Tan Shao Yi wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Russell Van Tassell wrote:
>
> I wrote a Hostmon client for Windows in C, using the Win32 API and
> compiled into an EXE. And also, a Hostmon client for Linux that reads data
> from the /proc file system (also in C).
>
> Would it be possible to include these into "contrib" as well? I can email
> you guys the URL to download the source (and binaries) if it's OK with you
> all.

Go ahead and send me the URL and I'll grab the source and, upon Vikas'
approval, try to start the contrib directory with links to the binaries
in a README file or something, I guess (I'll have to pass the approval
on to Vikas along with the usual "not maintained here" types of
disclaimers).

In any case, seems like there's definitely interest in many "contrib"
type items and I can't see how NOCOL/SNIPS can do anything but benefit
from it (but I must also disclaim that I am a loyal user/contirbutor and
not the project's "true owner" -- that would be Vikas).

Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com