     [snips-users] remote probes

Hello there,

I have a section of my network which can't be seen from my main management station, but can be by another server.

I would like to put a probe or two on the second machine, reporting back to the main SNIPS installation.

Now, I have had this working for current data, but I want to keep the RRD data and the historical data.

I know it can be done using NFS to export the data and rrddata dirs under the SNIPS home directory, but would rather not use NFS in this network as it is considered hostile. Is there any way to do it without NFS?

Thanks in advance!

-- joe.

Joe Warren-Meeks
Technical Operations Director
Inspired Broadcast Networks & The Cloud
http://www.inspiredbroadcast.net/
Out of Home Pay to Play Networked Entertainment
1-7 Livonia Street, London W1F 8AD
Tel: +44 (0)20 7478 8282
Mob: +44 (0)7789 176078
Fax: +44 (0)20 7287 0131