     [snips-users] snipsweb/genweb problem

Hi all,
	I've recently installed snips on a Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9) box, It
appears to be working, at least snipstv reports errors fine and emails are
sent, but the web interface just doesnt want to work. I am currently just
running ping tests to keep things simple,If i run genweb.cgi as a
perlscript it creates the html pages but with no alerts and prints out,

read_event() read: Bad file

and if run as a cgi script it  also shows no alert, and prints the above
error to the apache error_log.

uname -a
SunOS ns7 5.9 Generic_112233-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-cEngine

perl version v5.8.3

any other info available on request

Thanks
	Vince