     Re: hostmon question

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Rob Deker wrote:

> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 14:43:03 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Rob Deker <deker@digitaladdiction.com>
> To: nocol-users@navya.com
> Subject: hostmon question
> I'm using hostmon with NOCOL 4.2 to monitor a few machines, but I've
> noticed something disturbing today. None of the info from hostmon is
> making it into the noclogd logs. My setup here is pretty standard, the
> logging portion of noclogd-confg looks like:

...not sure what system you are running on, but, I'm still haven't
managed to get hostmon to "stay up" on one of my Solaris boxes -- and
after it crashes the first time, it's never restarted.  (it's also
worthy to note that I've had almost zero time to look in to it, either)

Russell M. Van Tassell                          Commercial Systems Corp.
russell@cscorp.com                               http://www.cscorp.com/

                                                     Ph: 1-888/COMM-SYS