     Re: outage note//scheduled outage

If we're looking at RFEs for nocol, I have a few dealing with just the
datafile.

1) increased sizes for fields.  Storage is cheap now; heck, my log files
   are thousands of times larger than my datafiles are!

2) First 4bytes of the file to store a "datafile revision" so that future
   changes to the format can be performed without breaking backward compat.
   with the files.

I have some more ideas to make the datafiles more flexible; but I don't
want to expand upon them unless there is some interest in this area.  I
know I personally cannot stand some of the lengths imposed.

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable for a feature.
    -- from some indian guy