     Re: Status changes and hostmon

Not a bug but expected behaviour.

In the case of RPCping, the host was reachable and hence UP (there are
only two states that a site pinged by RPCping can be in i.e. up or down).
There are no thresholds to compare against.

In the case of hostmon and pingmon and most of the other monitors, there
are multiple thresholds to check and compare against. In your case,
PageOuts exceeded the Critical threshold and hence went into critical
state and was logged. However, after that it dropped to *Error* state, NOT
into *Info* since it still was exceeding the Warn and Error thresholds.

Hence, the site is not Critical, but still in Error condition. It is
deemed 'UP' only when it goes back into Info mode.

For your scripting, you can look at the LEVEL and LOGLEVEL lines. It is
up to you to decide if you want to get paged about it coming back out of
Critical or going back into Info mode.

	-vikas