     Radiusmon only sending 2 byte IP address?

I'm running Nocol to check on a Radiator (http://www.open.com.au/) radius
server.  I'm crashing it on every check with the error:

Bad arg length for Socket::inet_ntoa, length is 2, should be 4 at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Radius/Radius.pm line 131.

The author of Radiator has informed me of the following:

"This is a problem caused by badly formed requests from your NAS. You will
find
that one of the IP addresses in the request has only 2 bytes in the value
instead of 4."

Another user wrote:

"I am having the same problems, repeatable every time.
This is caused by a program radiusmon - part of nocol 4.2.1
(http://www.netplex-tech.com/software/nocol)"

This does appear to be the case.  I'm not a C programmer, so I don't even
know where to start looking for the problem in the radiusmon.  One of the

I can fix radiator with a patch that ignores the bad IP address, but I'd
rather fix radiusmon.  Is this a known problem, and is there a patch for it?

Thanks!

Randy Cosby <dcosby@infowest.com>
Vice President
InfoWest Global Internet Services, Inc.