     Re: [nocol-users] bsdi socket

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, TTSG wrote:

> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 18:24:31 -0500 (EST)
> From: TTSG <ttsg@ttsg.com>
> To: "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>
> Cc: cho@HK.Super.NET, nocol-users@navya.com
> Subject: Re: [nocol-users] bsdi socket
>

> > I run nocol on BSDI 3.1 and have never seen this.  What version of BSDi
> > are you using?  I know BSDi 4.0, at first glance, appeared to screw my
> > socket operations up in PERL5.  The question is whether the PERL code is
> > buggy or BSDi 4.0.  I didn't see any obvious errors in the PERL code.
> >
> 	First thing I do on a brand new machine is re-compile perl. The
> one that ships with BSDI is always not up to what I think it should be.
>

> 				Tuc/TTSG

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I recompiled perl 5.00502 in my bsdi 4.0 box.
The ippingmon problem is fixed after I rebuild nocol package. However,
bgpmon and hostmon still cannot make the socket connection. hostmon makes
use of rcp to get the hostmon-client data, which is what I don't want. My
coding skill is not very good, and I tried my best to work on the code in
hostmon and nocollib.pl but no improvement.

BTW, what is the username and passwd in radiusmon-confg? If we use UNIX-PW
in users file, may I use any login/passwd pair (e.g. my pair)? What if my
passwd has a space in it?

Thanks for your kind help.

Rgds,
Cho Man Fai