     error: newSocket() connect failed: Bad file number

I have two problems .. let me first fill you in on what I'm running on :

Solaris 2.6
Perl 5.005_03
nocol nocol-4.2.2beta2

In my hostmon.error file, I'm getting the following errors :

> 12966
> usage: ps [ -aAdeflcjLPy ] [ -o format ] [ -t termlist ]
> 	[ -u userlist ] [ -U userlist ] [ -G grouplist ]
> 	[ -p proclist ] [ -g pgrplist ] [ -s sidlist ]
>   'format' is one or more of:
> 	user ruser group rgroup uid ruid gid rgid pid ppid pgid sid
> 	pri opri pcpu pmem vsz rss osz nice class time etime stime
> 	f s c lwp nlwp psr tty addr wchan fname comm args
> usage: ps [ -aAdeflcjLPy ] [ -o format ] [ -t termlist ]
> 	[ -u userlist ] [ -U userlist ] [ -G grouplist ]
> 	[ -p proclist ] [ -g pgrplist ] [ -s sidlist ]
>   'format' is one or more of:
> 	user ruser group rgroup uid ruid gid rgid pid ppid pgid sid
> 	pri opri pcpu pmem vsz rss osz nice class time etime stime
> 	f s c lwp nlwp psr tty addr wchan fname comm args

Which I determined came from nocollib.pl in the 'standalone' function ..

#    local($PSCMD) = "ps";    # cmd to see process by giving a pid
#
#    local ($status) = grep(/usage/i, `$PSCMD 1 2>&1`);
#    if ($status == 1) { $PSCMD = "ps -p" ;}

I flopped the two ps entries, and it appears to look fine now.

I'm also getting :

> newSocket() connect failed: Bad file number
> (libdebug) eventlog send() error: newSocket() connect failed: Bad file number
> (libdebug) eventlog send() error: newSocket() connect failed: Bad file number
> (libdebug) eventlog send() error:
>                    -keepalive_monitors

Which I cannot figure out. I saw the threads in the archives about the Socket
problems, but that was with much older versions of perl, and BSDI.

Can anyone offer any suggestions, or do I need to provide more information?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron Marco