     Re: Hostmon issues

> On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, TTSG wrote:
>
> > 	That wasn't one of my options. 8-) Ok, SOMETHING has to be triggering
> > it.  Are you sure hostmon is sleeping 15 minutes, not 15 seconds. 8-)
>
> Is it in seconds?  I though this line of code in hostmon took care of
> things:
>
>  if ($1 < 60) {$sleeptime = $1 * 60; } # assume minutes
>
> The timer value in my hostmon-confg file is 15, which means it should
> multiply 15*60 = 900.  If I run it in debug mode it says "sleep for 900 -
> 21".

	No, its minutes. Is the POLLINTERVAL time correct?  It should default
to 15 minutes anyway.

	The 900-21 is good. Does mean 15 minutes, less the 21 seconds it
just took to run.

	What about the hostmon-client?   How many is that for?

> > > It's very specific.
> > >
> > 	Thats just TOO weird.......
>
> Tell me about it....I didn't think that an application *could* mix socket
> connections up.

	Anything is possible, I no longer stick to my beliefs 100%,
because the machine finds ways to prove me wrong.

> > 	What OS is the system doing the monitoring, and the one being
> > monitored?  We monitor FROM a BSDI, TO either BSDI or Solaris 2.5.1, 2.6
> > and 2.7
>
> Solaris 2.6, monitoring Solaris 2.[4-6].  I ran this program on an old
> SunOS 4.1.4 machine at the last company I worked for (which I didn't set
> up) and it worked fine.

	Do you have a Linux or something like that to try?  Would you
object to us running your config for a few hours?

			Tuc/TTSG