     Re: SQL Based Monitoring System

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 11:05:21AM -0400, Jonathan A. Zdziarski wrote:
> Think about this... what if...
>
> NetSaint, or NOCOL, or whatever monitoring package you used... was
> converted to store ALL events in SQL.  Rather than having an 'event
> status' variable for each event with one single variable, you have
> multiple events in the database for the same host, same service....

This is exactly what NetCool does. Which is why it sounds like a great product, and sells well to managers. It is a good idea, just poorly implemented in that case.. an OSS equivalent would be great!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help..

--
Barry Robison - brobison@deimos.org

The one thing needful.- One thing a man must have: either a naturally light
disposition or a disposition lightened by art and knowledge.