     Re: SQL Based Monitoring System

> Do you all mean the 'events' that are currently in the data/ directory or
> do you mean the 'noclogd' logs which only log 'state' changes? I think
> only the state changes would be useful in a database.

Well, what I would like to do is completely revamp all the data
information into a database (mysql or whatever).  then change NETCONSOLE
and any other interfaces (i'd like to write one for X as well), query the
database and allow the user to create views based on SQL queries.

sql queries could be prewritten or have a 'design' interface

Thank you,

Jonathan A. Zdziarski
Sr. Systems Administrator
Netrail, inc.