     Re: help!!!

For the first question, here is an example of my crontab:
# These are NOCOL required crontabs
0       0-23    *       *       *
/usr/local/nocol/bin/keepalive_monitors
0       0-23    *       *       *       /usr/local/nocol/bin/notifier
0       3       *       *       7       /usr/local/nocol/bin/log-maint
*       *       *       *       *       /usr/local/nocol/bin/genweb.pl
>/dev/null 2>&1

Check to make sure your crontab file is not corrupted; also can you run
keepalive_monitors from the command line.  Remember you should never
edit your crontab by hand, use the command:
crontab -u root -e  to edit crontab entries.

In the second question, NOCOL uses the multiping utility to ping to the
servers, unless
you specified differently in the build.  Go to the install directory,
mine is usr/local/nocol/, then goto the bin directory.  You should see
the multiping utility there.  Test with that and
see if it works.  You should've checked to see if it built properly when
you compiled it, ie any errors?

"Dan J. Seo" wrote:

> Two things.
>
> <One>  Did anybody have same error below?  What was your solution?
> Your "cron" job
>
>              /export/home/space/Nocol/bin/keepalive_monitors
> produced the following output:
> /export/home/space/Nocol/bin/keepalive_monitors: test: argument expected
>
> <Two>  Error.html displays 'PingFailed' for 'Address' while I could
> manually ping those servers from the server where nocol is installed.
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Dan Seo
> SysAdmin, Issue Dynamics
begin:vcard
n:Jardina;Jason
tel;cell:(404)931-8635
tel;fax:(770)425-1765
tel;work:(770)425-5700
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.trusted.net
org:Trusted.Net Inc.;Engineering
version:2.1
email;internet:sysadmin@trusted.net
title:Systems Administrator
adr;quoted-printable:;;775 Franklin Rd.=0D=0ASuite 100;Marietta;GA;30067;
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Jason Jardina
end:vcard