     Re: [nocol-users] www monitoring

On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 10:53:06AM +1000, Terry Manderson's all...
> Hi all,
>
> 	Has anyone already built a monitor for WWW daemons?
> something along the lines of:-
>
> * has one or many urls in the confg file
> * opens up port 80 and does the get
> * compares file sizes and alarms or fails on byte size
>
> ????
>
> and if you have built one, do you want to make it public domain?
>
> I Just thought I'd ask, save re-inventing the wheel ;-)
>
> What have other people done for monitoring www servers??
>  ie ps -aux etc??

Are you using nocol or not? It does most of the above already. portmon
can monitor specific responce codes (tho sometimes portmon has problems
matching strings specified, btu im using an old verison). Hostmon
monitors load, diskspace, etc.

Funny you should ask, being on this list already and all.... RTFM?

/kc
--
Ken Chase, math@velocet.ca  *  Velocet Communications Inc.  *  Toronto, CANADA