     [nocol-users] Re:(nocol-users) www monitoring

Well, I use portmon to do this. It can pull down the page and
check that it is getting certain strings recieved such as
<HEAD> etc.

If you wanted to do further analysis, I suppose you could use
something like the wget tool to pull down a web page/images
etc.

Regards,

Rob

----

Hi all,

     Has anyone already built a monitor for WWW daemons?
something along the lines of:-

* has one or many urls in the confg file
* opens up port 80 and does the get
* compares file sizes and alarms or fails on byte size

????

and if you have built one, do you want to make it public domain?

I Just thought I'd ask, save re-inventing the wheel ;-)

What have other people done for monitoring www servers??
 ie ps -aux etc??

Terry