     [nocol-users] Piping log output to program

I am running NOCOL 4.3.1 on Solaris 2.6 and all is working fine except
when I try and pipe the output from a log file to a command it does not
seem to work.  I have included my current noclogd-conf file below.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

===================================
## Give full pathnames in filenames since the daemon changes dir.
##
## SENDER       LEVEL           LOGFILE or PIPEFILE
##
*               critical        /opt/nocol/logs/critical
*               error           /opt/nocol/logs/error
*               warning         /opt/nocol/logs/warning
*               info            /opt/nocol/logs/info
##
trapmon         info            /opt/nocol/logs/traps.info
#
# In piped commands, a ^ is replaced with a space.
rpcpingmon              critical        |/opt/nocol/bin/trade_page
rpcpingmon              error           |/opt/nocol/bin/trade_page
#
ippingmon               critical        |/opt/nocol/bin/trade_page
ippingmon               error           |/opt/nocol/bin/trade_page
#
portmon                 critical        |/opt/nocol/bin/trade_page
portmon                 error           |/opt/nocol/bin/trade_page

Jeff White
Systems Hosting Engineer
Xelus, Inc.  (formerly LPA, Inc.)
http://www.xelus.com