     [nocol-users] checking wether ftp-login works fine?

Hi,

I would like to test not only wether a service is accepting
connections but wether he gives proper responses, like ftp/telnet on
authentication. Is this possible? I tried with portmon, but this one
just uses the first answer (in FTP the welcome-message) but it
doesn't analyze the first answer after giving eg. a login-name.

Is there another way to test wether login via ftp/telnet is
possible? Or POP3 in this way?

Ciao, Hanno
--
[A] KPNQwest Germany * Emmy-Noether-Strasse 9 * D-76131 Karlsruhe
[T] +49 721 9652 0     [F] +49 721 9652 209                 Sales