     Re: [snips-users] Dozens of DataAge problems

  • To: tuc at ttsg com
  • Subject: Re: [snips-users] Dozens of DataAge problems
  • From: Vikas Aggarwal <vikas at navya com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:44:56 -0500
> Its running, its available, its answering requests for other
> programs that query it.  The timestamp on the file in the \
> /tmp/hostmon_data directory keeps changing...

Tuc,

the dataage for l.ttsg.com is outdated according to the DataAge. Are you
seeign this for ALL your devices or only a subset?

can you tell me if there is a data file inside the /tmp/hostmon_data/
directory for l.ttsg.com and if so, can you see the contents and tell me
if they are being updated every 5 minutes?

i want to ensure that this is not happening because of a long cycle time,
or else, if the data is old then lets try to figure out why the data is
old for these hosts.

The hostmon-collector just tries to collect data from all the
hostmon-clients and stores them in this /tmp/ directory. If this data is
older than a specified time or has not been downloaded, then we get this
error for this host.

	-vikas