     [snips-users] TextView still beeping after critical systems restored

Hello,

We have a monitoring station that sits in the corner of the office on an old pentium, running debian linux, constantly displaying TextView via a ssh session to our network mangement station.  Once a system goes critical, it starts beeping.  However, when the critical list is cleared and all systems are at "info" level again, the beeping continues and the only way to stop it is to exit TextView and connect the ssh session again.  This is annoying, to say the least.

I understand that the beeping is meant to cease when there are no critical level systems, correct?  How do I stop the beeping once it starts?

James Kahn.