     [snips-users] hostmon monitoring 1 and 0

Hi,

I'm trying to get hostmon to monitor when processes are running.

We've added some paramaters to hostmon-client to monitor various processes,
like:

ProcessesDHCPD 1 Processes
ProcessesSMBD 4 Processes
ProcessesNMBD 2 Processes
ProcessesHTTPD 9 Processes
ProcessesBIND 5 Processes
ProcessesSendmail 1 Processes
ProcessesMYSQLD 12 Processes

What I want to do is generate an alarm if any of these is 0
(i.e no process running.)

It works okay for things that have, 4 processes running, my hostmon-conf
looks like:

ProcessesDHCPD  *       0  0  0
ProcessesSMBD   *       -1  -1  0
ProcessesNMBD   *       1   0   0
ProcessesHTTPD  *       1   0   0
ProcessesBIND   *       1   0   0
ProcessesSendmail  *    -2  -1  0
ProcessesMYSQLD *       0.6   0.5 0

As you can see I've tried various things, but they don't work.

It alarms about the fact that it is 1 and it has gone over
the threshold which is 0!

Anybody got a fix for this, or do I feel a Horrible Hack coming on?

Thanks,

Rob

--
Robert Lister   -   London Internet Exchange    -  http://www.linx.net/
robl at linx net   -   tel: +44 (0)20 7645 3510    -  RL786-RIPE