     Re: [snips-users] genweb.cgi vs. snipsweb.cgi

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 04:56:24PM -0400, Daniel MacKay wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> I inherited a mostly-installed snips from a previous administrator.
> Right now there is "genweb.cgi" in a crontab, which creates the four
> .html files:
>  - Critical.html
>  - Warning.html
>  - Error.html
>  - Info.html
>
> every few minutes.  But there is also a .cgi called "snipsweb.cgi".
>
> Is this a replacement for those? That is, is it supposed to display
> "live" data as opposed to the freshly html'ized data?

This from the top of the two scripts... hope this helps -- let me know
if you have any questions:

-- begin genweb.cgi
#!/bin/perl
my $versionid = '$Id: genweb.cgi,v 1.3 2002/01/30 05:42:45 vikas Exp $';#

# ------------
# This program displays SNIPS events in HTML format (for an alternative
# to the snipstv curses program).
#
# It can run as a standalone perl program or as a CGI. It detects the
# mode automatically from the environment.
#
# [...]
#
# Note that even if a public user were to view any of these files, they
# still need to authenticate in snipsweb.cgi before they can edit any
# update file, etc.

-- end genweb.cgi

-- begin snipsweb.cgi
#!/bin/perl
#
# $Header: /cvsroot/snips/snipsweb/snipsweb.cgi,v 1.4 2002/01/30 05:42:04 vikas Exp $
#
#                       snipsweb.cgi
#
# A CGI script which interfaces with the html generated by the snips web
# script 'genweb.cgi'.
# This script is the companion to genweb.cgi. It allows administrator to add
# status messages and to 'hide' devices as well as rudimentary troubleshooting.
#
-- end snipsweb.cgi

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

There are two ways to write error-free programs.  Only the third one
works.