     Re: [snips-users] remote probes

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 03:29:45PM +0000, Joe Warren-Meeks wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I have a section of my network which can't be seen from my main
> management station, but can be by another server.

So, am I to understand there's essentially two SNIPS boxes (one master
and the remote" which "can't be seen?")

> I would like to put a probe or two on the second machine, reporting
> back to the main SNIPS installation.
>
> Now, I have had this working for current data, but I want to keep the
> RRD data and the historical data.

Hmmm... ok, if it's "working" kinda, then I'm guessing you have network
connectivity between the two.  So you're just asking about getting the
RRD files to the main system??  Perhaps use something like rsync over
ssh to pull data back on a regular basis?  Would that solve it?

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

"Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental."