     Re: [snips-users] snmpmon-collector and cisco for uptime

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:52:21AM -0400, Allan P. Magmanlac wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I was able to find the full correct identifier and
> it's working now.

Good Good... :-)

> Also, is there a way I can use snips package to monitor if all the lines
> in the dts are busy. Users use up all the lines by dialing in.
> Or is there a way I can use snips to determine the number of users who
> are currently dialed in to our dialup terminal server?

Not being familiar with that, I'd venture there may be a way, as long as
it's added to the MIB in some reasonable way... ;-)  Of course, you can
always use the NetSNMP daemon to fork off a script on the client you are
monitoring to simply to create or insert a new custom OID.  Something to
the effect of:

  exec .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.1 dtsUsers /bin/ksh /usr/local/bin/cnt_dts_users

...in your snmpd.conf file, presuming your enterprise OID is 2021 (which
is actually UC Davis' assigned number, IIRC) and you want it at to be
listed as "1."

You should then be able to query that OID to get the status...  But
that's basically the "easiest" way if it's not already done for you...

Hope that helps...
Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut com

Do people in Australia call the rest of the world "up over"?