     Re: [snips-users] monitor access to cisco router using telnet

  • To: Tuc at Beach House <tuc at tucs-beachin-obx-house com>
  • Subject: Re: [snips-users] monitor access to cisco router using telnet
  • From: "Allan P. Magmanlac" <allan magmanlac at nrns.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:42:12 -0400
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the access has been blocked for over an hour now. Note that
my other monitors have been working fine. (i.e news, web etc.). I just added telnet.

Tuc at Beach House wrote:

I tested by blocking telnet and by doing this I would expect that snips would complain and it does. However it never gets critical. It only gets to the warning state.

	Do you LEAVE the access blocked for enough time to cycle from
Warning, through Error, to Critical? Sounds like you might not be.

Tuc

Allan P. Magmanlac
allan magmanlac at nrns.ca
NRNS Incorporated
DREnet Network Coordination Centre (NCC)
Tel: (613) 599-7860 ext 107