     Re: outage note//scheduled outage

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Vikas Aggarwal wrote:

| Umm, this is exactly what has been added into the 'web' interface for
| nocol (webnocol.cgi  and genweb.pl).
|
| I was hoping that I can stop further development on the curses interface
| and add more features to the web interface instead. Do people need this
| feature in the curses interface still ? I can add 'supression' by looking
| at the outages/updates file (written by the web interface).

Actually the Curses interface would be useful for those without web access
(sometimes it happens), and also the updates would be slightly 'faster'
than that on the web page.

We actually have this idea of doing a 'java-based' web interface that will
notify the user on any new events, etc.

rgds,
Lim Fung