     Re: hostmon question

On Wed, Aug 26/98, Rob Deker <deker@digitaladdiction.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Russell Van Tassell wrote:
>
> > ...not sure what system you are running on, but, I'm still haven't
> > managed to get hostmon to "stay up" on one of my Solaris boxes -- and
> > after it crashes the first time, it's never restarted.  (it's also
> > worthy to note that I've had almost zero time to look in to it, either)
> >
> I'm running all on FreeBSD here. Suppose I should've mentioned that.

I'm running hostmon on Solaris 2.5.1 and it's running fine. I disabled
the telnet server on my hostmon-clients on the servers that are being
monitored, and hacked hostmon to use ssh to get the remote files.
I also commented out lines 476-504 in hostmon to stop it from wasting
time trying to telnet out before falling through to my ssh routine.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.