     Re: nsmon question

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Jonathan A. Zdziarski wrote:

> Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:18:03 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Jonathan A. Zdziarski <jonz@cartman.netrail.net>
> To: jhenders@bogon.com
> Cc: nocol-users@navya.com
> Subject: Re: nsmon question
>
> I had problems with the new 'AUTH' statements; even when my servers were
> authoritative they would come up.  I removed the AUTH statement and it
> works OK (of course you lose the functionality that the AUTH statement
> gives you)

Make sure your hosts return the SOA correctly... so far, I've not seen
that problem (but I <did> notice the same problem with NetConsole show-
ing only the domain name).  So far, I'm still concentrating on deploying
hostmon-clients across the domain so haven't had much "other" spare time
to work on or look at these new monitors that closely...

--
Russell M. Van Tassell                          Commercial Systems Corp.
russell@cscorp.com                               http://www.cscorp.com/

                                                     Ph: 1-888/COMM-SYS