     Re: Nocol-4.2.2beta4

Hanno Wagner wrote:

> Hi Guys, here are just some questions and experiences with the
> latest beta-Version.
>
> Actually, the only program I had to downgrade was the port-monitor -
> sometimes it went out of sockets (well - that's what the error
> message says) and every counter went to hell and paged us :-)
>
> So I simply use the old one instead.

Hmm, this was the program I had spent most effort on. Can yu give me
some more details? How many hosts are you monitoring in parallel and on
what OS are you running this? Can you try running with fewer 'parallel'
connections (how about 2) and tell me what error you get?

> If I use the hostmon, I get these error messages:
>
> nocol@xlink58% ./hostmon
> 24121
> nocol@xlink58% (libdebug) eventlog send() error: (libdebug) eventlog
> send() error: newSocket() connect failed: Bad file number
> (libdebug) eventlog send() error: newSocket() connect failed: Bad
> file number
> (libdebug) eventlog send() error: (libdebug) eventlog send() error:
> (libdebug) eventlog send() error: (libdebug) eventlog send() error:
> (libdebug) eventlog send() error:
>
> which is written on the tty I called hostmon from.

The send() is writing to noclogd (is it running?) and the 'newSocket()'
is an error trying to connect to the daemon on hostmon-client.

I will look at these. Can you tell me if hostmon events are being
logged?

	-vikas